The Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM) National Congress on the 2 and 3th June 2012 held at the Selangor Chinese Assemble hall unanimously and solidly endorse the following for the coming 13th. General Election
1. The Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM) would work with all opposition parties, NGOs and other forces to fight against the 55 years rule of UMNO-Barisan Nasional (BN)
2. The Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM) would stand under its own registered logo in the coming general election. This decision can only be reversed if the Opposition front has a common logo.
3. PSM would be retaining and standing in four seats which the party stood during the 2008 election
4. PSM would forge an electoral pact with Pakatan Rakyat (PR) to ensure there is a one to one fight in all these seats and other seats
5. In the event, an electoral pact is not possible, then the PSM would support PR candidates in all the other seats except the seats contested by the PSM.
The above was discussed and endorsed by the party members in a special debate held during the party’s 14 National Congress to debate on PSM’s role in the coming election.
6 June 2012